Gladisvall

Memorial of a medieval church in Glava, southwest of Arvika.
A memorial of a medieval church from 1113 is raised at Gladisvall south of Glava. According to history there was also a monastery at this place.
In Glava several pilgrim routes connected, one came from Lurö and Gillberga, and another one came from Dalsland County by Svanskog and Lönnskog. Their destination was Nidaros, Trondheim, in Norway.
At a digging in the 1940s ruins of a church foundation and a square wooden building was found. This could have been a pilgrim lodging, leading to the common monasticism according to church historians.
Opening hours
INFO
Place
Accessable throughout the year.
Organizer
Arvika Turistbyrå
Storgatan 22
671 31 Arvika
turist@arvika.se
+46 57081790
Name
Gladisvall
Address
väg 648
Hillringsberg
670 20 Glava
Municipality: Arvika
Description
Medeltida kyrkoplats söder om Glava, ca 30 km från Arvika.
Directions
Located in Hillringsberg, 5 km south of the church in Glava.
Go back
Glava
History
Church